Sunday, 20 March 2016

Sleep.

Sleep.
I still remember those summer vacations, when my mom used to scold me and put me to sleep in the afternoons. How energetic I was! I used to play till I got dead tired. Sleep was my biggest enemy then. I used to like my extra five minutes in my bed in the morning. Getting out of the house in the morning and coming back only after the setting sun was my daily routine.
I would like to think of myself as a spoilt brat. Cricket, marbles, vitti dandu, spin top were some of my favorite games; that energy was enormous and justified. But yes, time changes everything and it did. It changed my greatest enemy; sleep, to my closest friend. Now, my parents have started scolding me because I sleep too much. I have become lazy, they say often. I'm found in my bed most of the times, playing games on my phone, browsing the internet, watching some movie or TV series.
Did I have any kind of energy source that time, like a nuclear reactor, which powers the iron man suit? I wonder! What is the reason behind this tremendous change? At that time we never tried to control the situation; we followed our hearts and let our fate decide what happens next. Instead of worrying, we were too excited to ignore the present. Is it the responsibility of the past or the worry of the future which is weighing us down?

No comments:

Post a Comment